Organisation Name: Keys2drive
Keys2drive is a revolutionary approach to learning road safety – delivering a free driving lesson for the learner driver, driving instructor and parent/supervisor to learn together.
Arris was contracted to increase the flexibility, security and robustness of the web portal, which serves as an administrative and eLearning hub for Learner Drivers, Driving Instructors, Coaches and the Keys2drive Administrative Team.
Working with the Keys2drive team, the project goal was to improve administrative capabilities and usability for all stakeholders. The secondary purpose was to expand the site to include an eLearning platform in order to educate and manage Instructors’ accreditations.
Extensive and ongoing scaling was mapped out to touch all areas of the web application – from running key reports and people management tasks, to improving the learner experience, to the administration and support of Instructors and Coaches.
Managing the Change Process
The functionality and content of the existing site needed to be retained, with improvements and changes to build upon that.
To ensure a seamless transition between the previous system and the new, development of the new system was hosted in‐house on a development server, with user testing by stakeholders prior to launch.
Specifications and requirements were gathered to ensure a complete understanding of the project deliverables. Detailed documentation of instructor and administration dashboards, user processes and user actions were then prepared to ensure the scope and capacity of the project was complete.
A Flexible and Scaleable Custom Solution
Once the requirements were confirmed, the project then proceeded to the development phase. Throughout the development process, we worked closely with the client to get user input and testing at every stage. This close interaction with the client continues to be a key component in the ongoing success of this project.
The final system needed to be able to facilitate learner driver signups, instructor onboarding, provide people management and pay run tools to the admin team, and provide an eLearning portal for instructor training and accreditation.
In order to achieve this, the Arris team developed a bespoke web system over the Laravel framework. This choice of system ensured a scalable, modular and robust platform that delivered custom functionality and has continued to evolve and scale since it’s inception in 2018.
The final web application we delivered is a scalable and evovling system that continues to be iterated upon to respond to the growing and changing needs of the organisation.
The site benefits a broad range of users – from learners to instructors to the admin team – right across Australia.
Keys2drive for Learner Drivers
For learners, the website platform is a resource where they can find content tailored to aid learners and their supervisors. Learners are able to register with Key2drive to recieve a code for their free lesson, and can use the site location tools and instructor heat map to find an Accredited Keys2drive Driving Instructor in their local area.
Keys2drive for Driving Instructors
Every Keys2drive accredited instructor is required to register, verify their instructor qualifications and complete the Keys2drive elearning program. In order to support the onboarding process and ensure that instructors remain compliant, the Keys2drive system incorporates an extensive (and evolving) range of tools aimed at helping instructors to achieve their best within the program.
As an instructor, the system offers the following:
- Access to the eLearning platform to complete online training for Keys2drive accreditation
- A dashboard area to administer and verify their completed lessons to receive payment
- An admin area to record and update their personal details, vehicle details, insurance status and other relevant details for continuing as a verified instructor
- A stock orders area to place orders for consumables
Keys2drive for Program Administrators
For the administration team, the system has streamlined the management of the program, providing a breadth of functionality that is tailored to directly meet the organisation requirements.
The bespoke web application includes:
- Tools to facilitate Instructor onboarding
- Dashboards to record instructor details – including general information, accreditation details and insurance and vehicle information and compliance
- A user friendly interface for the development and delivery of eLearning courses
- Information for monitoring of lesson delivery and quality
- A pay run system that ensures instructors are paid in a timely manner
- A stock management system to distribute consumables to instructors for the delivery of lessons
- Data management functionality that includes extensive reporting dashboards and tools to generate and export stakeholder reports
Keys2drive for Coaches
Coaches are a small but integral group that use the Keys application for assessing eLearning tasks undertaken by new Instructors seeking Keys2drive accreditation. Utilising the tools within the eLearning platform, they are able to assess, provide feedback and support instructors through their journey to become a Keys2drive Accredited Instructor.
Crunching the Numbers
Working closely with the Arris team at every stage of the process has had tangible benefits for Keys2drive. From the initial requirements gathering to the user experience and interface design to the system development – Arris has partnered with Keys2drive to create a bespoke enterprise system that powers their organisation for optimal results.
- The Instructor Accreditation Process has decreased from 20 days to 2 days
- The Plates Plus (TAS) initiative has seen a 234% increase in the delivery of standard Keys2drive lessons
- The success of the Plates Plus program in Tasmania has other states looking to implement a similar initiative
- The implementation of the Online Training System saves the organisation $5,000 per year
- The Online Verification Process saves the organisation $26,000 per year
- The Keys2drive auditing system ensures the quality of lesson delivery, and that all Accredited Keys2drive Driving Instructors are of the highest standard
- Automation of the audit process has significantly increased the volume of audits, rising from 600 to 8,000 in the first year
- Keys2drive receives 41,000 responses per year for a massive 53% response rate – placing it substantially higher than the industry average of 9-15%
- The volume of emails has greatly decreased as a direct result of automation, reducing the administrative overhead of the program
“I love it! It’s streamlined administration so much. Everyone, from students to instructors, has told us how much easier it is to use.”
Launch Your Next Project
We offer a range of professional, clear and creatively executed services to boost your business processeses, enabling you to focus on what you do best. We look forward to discussing your organisations objectives and working with you to achieve your desired outcome.